Business Management & Accounting Overview
Method of Instruction:
Morning or Night Classes Lectures
Program Length & Type:
14-Month (60 weeks) Associates of Applied Science Degree
Business Management & Accounting Degree Program Overview
The Associates of Applied Science (AAS) BMA Degree curriculum is designed to meet the needs of individuals who intend to work in a business setting. This program features courses from both the Accounting and Business Management fields of study.
National Career College’s Associate’s in Business Management and Accounting gives you access to entry-level jobs in both business and accounting. This includes positions as a bookkeeper or accounting/auditing clerk. Office manager positions combine many of the functions of a business manager and accountant.
You could also work in a private company as a supervisor or manager or in a public sector job with an accounting role in the local, state, or federal government.
Accounting and Business Management Program Outcomes?
Upon graduation from National Career College, students will receive an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Business Management and Accounting. There is no required certification or licensure for employment after completing National Career College’s Accounting and Business Management program.
How Long Is The Business Management And Accounting Program?
National Career College’s Business Management and Accounting Program takes 14 months to complete. Our Business Management and Accounting Degree program is available online with both day and evening classes offered.
A Unique Business Management and Accounting Program
This course takes a novel approach to the combination of a business administration and accounting degree. Taking select courses from accounting degree and business administration degree programs, we have tailored our program to include the best of both business administration and accounting.
On the accounting side, these courses will prepare you with knowledge of basic accounting principles, generally accepted accounting principles, and financial reports / financial reporting.
On the business management side, these courses will prepare you with knowledge of business operations, business administration, and human resources.
In addition, students will take five General Education courses to complete their degree:
- Communication Skills
- American History
What Will You Learn About Accounting and Business Administration?
The following classes and course modules are offered with the Business Management and Accounting Degree at National Career College:
- Accounting for Service Businesses: Learn about business transactions, chart of accounts, general journal, general ledger, financial reports, and corporate accounting.
- Accounting for Merchandise Businesses: Learn about purchases and cash payments, sales and cash receipts, creating work sheets and adjustments, preparing financial statements, and processing financial records.
- Quickbooks Accounting 1 & 2: Learn about (1) Vendors, Customers, Adjustments, Period-End Procedures, and Inventory & (2) Pay Employees, Payroll Liabilities, and Reconciling Banking Accounts.
- Introduction to Business: Learn about general business administration and management, marketing, finance, human resources, and economics in the American marketplace. Includes an overview of basic business strategies in varying economic systems.
- Business Management Skills: Learn about business processes, administration, and management. Also, learn about business ethics in employer-employee relations and economics in the American marketplace.
- Human Resource Management: Learn about basic skills and understanding of designing and implementing a hiring plan.
- Business Marketing: Learn about marketing research, consumer behavior, product and pricing strategies, marketing communications, and distribution.
- Payroll Accounting: Learn accounting functions which include making accounting entries for employee earnings and deductions, recording the employer’s payroll taxes, recording and reporting payment of the employer’s federal and state unemployment taxes, and reporting employee earnings and tax deductions to the federal government at the end of the year.
- Income Tax Preparation: Learn about the theory and practice of computerized Federal taxation. Emphasis is on tax preparation and tax planning for the individual.
- Business Law: Learn about basic legal terminology, principles, and procedures of business law.
- Technical Skills: Sharpen your skills with the following courses:
- Computer Operating Systems
- Database Applications
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheets 1 & 2
Why National Career College?
National Career College provides a unique learning experience in the Los Angeles area. We prepare students for entry-level positions in bookkeeping, accounting, and business management. Our program provides a unique offering of select courses from both an accounting degree and a business administration degree program.
Our Accounting and Business Management Program is accredited by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE). We focus on individualized instruction and small class sizes. For details on what motivates us to provide the best experience for our students, please see our Mission Statement.
Business Management And Accounting Training Near Me
If you live in or around the Panorama City area in California, National Career College offers Business Management And Accounting training at the following location:
At National Career College, we don’t want finances to limit your career opportunities. Your education is one of the most important investments you can make. If you are unable to afford the education costs on your own, you may qualify for financial aid. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify! Please visit our Financial Aid Page to find out more!